Sunday, April 21, 2013

Dr. Oz 3 Day Detox Cleanse - Day 1...sort of

So it is 11:00 and I am finally getting to bed. I should be sleeping (I am NOT someone who gets up at the first ring of the alarm...or the fifth) but instead I just have to blog about starting the Dr. Oz 3 Day Detox Cleanse! It has to be brief because I do need to go to sleep and have had a very busy night and weekend!

We went to Asheville this weekend to get our engagement pictures taken - super excited to see how they turned out! We got home today around 5:30 and then jetted off to the grocery store to get supplies so we could begin our cleanse we have been planning! It took three stores, a conversation with a store manager, some frustrations about "oh! I could have gotten that cheaper here!" and some back and forths, and two hours. We spent MUCH more than anticipated...Dr. Oz says it will cost about $16 a day...as did many blogs I read about the cleanse. So we thought...alright sixteen dollars a day times three days times two of us would be around $95. Yup...did NOT happen... over $170 (and we had 1 avacado, 1 lemon, 1 lime and the lavender oil already!) We do think there are already a few things we over purchased - kale, raspberries, and blueberries - and there were a few items that we will have some or a lot left over so that price does not reflect what we will use - flaxseed, coconut oil, almond butter, vitamins and probiotics. But still...$75 more?! That is a LOT more than we expected...but more on that later.

Once we got home it was already 8:00 and Hari was staaaaarving (despite the fact that we lived it up today in the food department knowing that at dinner time we would be sipping our meals through a straw for the next 72 hours) so I began his first dinner smoothie. Forty-five minutes later we were both trying our first smoothie.


While sipping on dinner I made both Hari and my drinks for breakfast and lunch tomorrow. It took me about an hour to make the breakfast and lunch drinks - not to bad. The lunch drink made a ton! I hope other blogs I have read are wrong and it doesn't make me gag...


Initial thoughts...
-All of the drinks smell HORRIBLE!
-I wish it was cold  *note to self
-I am so glad I bought smoothie straws
-I am glad I did not add as much cayenne pepper as instructed to the dinner drink...it is not spicy at all...will add more tomorrow night!
-Dinner drink is not TERRIBLE! Yay!
-One drink down...eight more to go!







No comments:

Post a Comment