Saturday, January 26, 2013

My New Food Processor

Yesterday, weather affected my school day again. We had an early dismissal and I decided to get everything on my to do list done. Do you believe me? If you don't, you know me well. I spent my afternoon researching food processors and then went out (I know, the storm, I should have kept my northern butt safe at home!) and bought one.

My dad and his fiancĂ©e had given Hari and me a gift card to Bed Bath and Beyond. Hari, like the amazing fiancĂ© he is, told me I could pick out whatever I wanted (he may have had the ulterior motive of the amazing food to come.) I have many kitchen things on my wish list: a KitchenAid mixer (I'll have to wait until I make my bridal registry,) a bread maker (mostly for the kneading mode,) an emersion blender, a food processor, a juicer (hello, expensive!) and a blender (wine smoothies, anyone?) - just to name a "few" things. Based on all of the things it can do, I decided a food processor would be the best choice for now. I can do so much with it; chop, slice, grate, knead, mix, and more! Can you tell I watched a lot of infomercials as a child?

Can't wait to get cookin' y'all!
After extensive research on ConsumerSearch, Amazon, and Good Housekeeping I found that the Cuisinart Prep 11 Plus was the best machine out there. It had the most features, the best warranty and a lot of great reviews! I was in the market for the 9 cup, but since I wanted to get cooking right away, and my local Bed Bath and Beyond only had the 11 cup, I was willing to compromise. I'm sure I won't regret it. Hummus recipe to come soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment